This tour of 7 Day Affordable Safari Botswana starts in the popular destination of Chobe, where the lodge lies on the banks of the Chobe River. From here you will head in to the Okavango Delta, staying in two different lodges which are both situated on islands and offer accommodation in luxury tents. The trip starts in Kasane and ends in Maun, but we can easily change the direction, or add a stay in Victoria Falls at the end of the trip.
Day 1-2: Chobe River
On arrival in Kasane you will be met and transferred the short trip to Chobe Safari Lodge. Depending on your arrival time, after spending some time resting in the afternoon, join your first safari activity be going on a sundowner boat cruise on Chobe River.
The next day there are game drives and another boat cruise which are included in the tour.
Breakfast, lunch and dinner is included at the lodge.
Day 3-4: Pom Pom Island
You will be flown to a private concession within the Okavango Delta which offers a true Okavango wilderness experience.
The two days that you spend at Pom Pom Camp will include land and water safari options. Because the islands lie in a private concession not only can you do morning game drives, but evening game drives are also part of your safari.
The water safaris are done in dug out mokoro’s, which is the best way to experience the Okavango Delta. And for the enthusiast, the lodge also offers fishing.
Day 5-6: Moremi Crossing
Moremi Crossing is an eco -friendly lodge, offering the latest in solar and waste disposal technology. The lodge is built on an island, surrounded by flood plains that are teeming with wildlife.
While there are no game drives at this lodge, there are bush walks, Mokoro trips and as well as motorboat sunset cruises.
The lodge also offers a camping experience where you head off in a mokoro with your guide to spend a night on a near-by island in a basic camping experience. This needs to be booked ahead of time, so be sure to mention it to you consultant.
Day 7: Head home
You will be flown to Maun this morning, where you will connect with your onwards arrangements.
Note: We recommend a two or three night add-on in Victoria Falls to end of your safari. Please let us know if you’d like us to include this option in your quote.
Please contact us for the best price of this tour : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Park fees (for non-residents)
- All activities (unless labeled as optional)
- All accommodation (unless listed as upgrade)
- A professional driver/guide
- All transportation (unless labeled as optional)
- All flights during the tour
- All Taxes/VAT
- Roundtrip airport transfer
- Meals (as specified in the day-by-day section)
- Drinks (as specified in the day-by-day section)
- International flights (from/to home)
- Additional accommodation before and at the end of the tour
- Tips (tipping guideline US$10.00 pp per day)
- Personal items (souvenirs, travel insurance, visa fees, etc.)
- Government imposed increase of taxes and/or park fees