Selous River Camp is an award-winning safari lodge, found out high overlooking the Rufiji River (and its many hippos) on the border of the Selous Game Reserve in Tanzania. The lodge offers a choice of comfortable accommodation and guided safari activities and is that the ideal location if you’re trying to find a reasonable safari holiday in an authentic bush camp.
Day 1: Zanzibar – Selous Game Reserve
Your flight to the UNESCO World heritage site ofSelous Game Reservewill leave Zanzibar at 0930 am and takes one hour. you’ll be met at the airstrip in Selous by your Selous River Camp guide who will transfer you to the lodge. En route, you’ll enjoy your first experience of this incredible and diverse reserve.
After lunch, Sunset cruise on our comfortable boat, watching hippos, crocodiles and birds, and enjoying the spectacular sunset over this enormous river. Overnight at Selous River Camp
Day 2: Full Game Drive At Selous
after your first night in Selous,awake early to a dawn chorus and spectacular views from your room (“banda”). After a fast cup of tea or coffee, head into the reserve as dawn breaks for a full outdoor game drive during a specially modified safari vehicle with knowledgeable guide, during which you ought to see and learn much a few sizable amount of animals, including all the good favorites – lion, elephant, giraffe, buffalo, zebra – and every one the opposite major species including the now rare African dog. Great sort of bird species. Wonderful scenery, with varied topography: wetlands, dry grassland, light acacia forest and better ground with long views to far-off mountains.
Packed lunch and time to rest. Your guide will select a location with shade and water nearby to observe animals coming to drink – an area with a transparent view all round in order that no predator can sneak up unseen! Back to the lodge by 6.30 for sunset and dinner when you’re ready.Overnight at Selous River Camp (breakfast, lunch & dinner)
Day 3: Departure Day
Up early for a walk through the bush and along the riverbank to learn about the local environment. Back after the walk for breakfast, and then departure for Dar Es Salaam or Zanzibar.
PRICE US$ 1199 PER PERSON
- Park fees (For non-residents)
- All activities (Unless labeled as optional)
- All accommodation (Unless listed as upgrade)
- A professional driver/guide
- All transportation (Unless labeled as optional)
- All flights during the tour
- All Taxes/VAT
- Meals (As specified in the day-by-day section)
- International flights (From/to home)
- Roundtrip airport transfer
- Additional accommodation before and at the end of the tour
- Tips(Tipping guideline US$10.00 pp per day)
- Personal items(Souvenirs, travel insurance, visa fees, etc.)
- Government imposed increase of taxes and/or park fees